Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The greatest mystery

Have you ever experienced being sleepless at nights? at any place? Last weekend, I was doing nothing special. It was excruciatingly hot...the best that you can do is stay in a cool room with dvds and a cable tv.

At first, I watched "Just Friends" movie...it was cute and funny. I think I can relate to that movie...well not in the sense that I was fat and all but being 'unnoticed' during my puberty stage. Some guys did notice me but not those that I got a crush on. :-(

But now, I think I'm desirable enough..haha

Anyways, after watching that film, I was skimming the cable and I chanced upon the movie "Sleepless in Seattle". I remember the first time I saw this movie...I was supeer kilig! I stood up somebody just for this movie!haha I was supposed to attend a party and when I learned that it's gonna be featured in a local channel (we didn't have cable tv then), I bailed out saying I suddnely had a severe migraine!haha The worst thing was, they found out about it later on and they castrated me for a while!haha

Well, back to "Sleepless in Seattle", what I can't forget about this movie were the acronyms such as 'M.F.E.O' (Made for each other), 'H & G' (Hello & Goodbye), and 'N.Y.' (New York) Hahaha And I just so love Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and I was really glad they made a film together years later, "You've got Mail."

I think the moral of the story is, "It's not the heart that dictates who to love but destiny...no matter where you are, no matter how hard you try looking for it, if it's not the right time and person, then it's simply not meant to be."


Another movie that I love watching over and over again is "When Harry met Sally". This about making the 'big move' from being 'Just friends' to 'more than friends' zone. I guess a lot of people can relate to this movie simply because we are also caught in a similar situation whether in the past, present, or future. The BIG QUESTION: Am we better off as friends or should we take it a little further? well, until now the question remains...

Ist premise : Men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

After opting to remaining in the 'just friends' zone, the 'awkwardness' stage sets in...tormenting and haunting your thoughts of 'ifs' and 'what could have beens'...then finally, you see each other later on, and this second predicament occurs:


(On the premise that men and women can't be friends...but decided to remain friends upon foregoing the decision of making their unplatonic)

Harry: right, they can't be friends. Unless both of them are involved with other
people then they can. This is an amendment to the earlier rule, if the two
people are in relationships, the pressure of possibilty of involvement is
lifted. That doesn't work either because what happens then is the
person you're involved with can't understand why you need to be friends with
the person you're just friends with. Like it means something is missing from
their relationship and "why do you have to go outside to get it?". Then
when you say, "no no no no, it's not true nothing's missing from the
relationship", the person you're involved with then accuses you of being
secretly attracted to the person you're just friends with, which we probably
are, I mean, come on, who the hell are we kidding, let's face it,
which brings us back to the earlier rule before the amendment which is men and
women can't be friends, so where does that leave us?






4 comments:

  1. My ex-girlfriend is still my best friend. She's now my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet...lucky you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Harry Met Sally remains to be one of my fave movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. darlene: more than anyhting else, it depicts romance's realistic side that makes it more romantic! :-)

    ReplyDelete