Thursday, January 05, 2006

Once in a Blue Moon

Blue Moon
by Frank Sinatra
Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon

You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for
And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked to the Moon it turned to gold
Blue Moon

Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked the Moon had turned to gold
Blue moon

Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue moon

Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Last night, instead of going to my appointment with the dermatologist for my over-due facial treatment, I opted to watch a movie from the array of Manila Film Festival's entries. I had been waiting for 'Blue Moon' specifically because I have a feeling that it's a good one.

And so my boyfriend and I watched it. I was so spell-bounded! Seldom do I get to watch a Filipino film that really meets my self-set standards for an excellent movie...the story was good, characters were interesting and captivating, the scoring and cinematography were beautiful and subdued. But to what I fell deeply in love with was the plot.

A very romantic story. I'm the type of person who's not shy to cry or laugh boisterously at cinemas whenever I find myself wanting to...I think, it's my way of saluting the people involved in making the film...because afterall, films were made to entertain and provoke one's deeply-hidden emotions ...and I should say, I'm easy to provoke and so are my feelings:-)

Well, if you have time to spare...watch this movie and know that indeed some things only happens once in a "Blue Moon"...as in falling deeply, truly, and madly.

2 comments:

  1. unsolicited advice, hija: keep them guessing. never mention the "B" word (boyfriend)

    You've broken a lot of hearts all over the internet with this post. Thank God my wife is beside me to break my jaw if I write something else. (OUCH. I'm kidding HON!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha ok po...from now on, I'll be 'virtually-available'!hahaha should i write a post about it? an erratum maybe? haha

    ReplyDelete