Thursday, December 08, 2005

My favorite munchies

Doing this tag lead me to ponder and reminisce memories during my 'younger years'... then I began laughing...really laughing hard! I realized, ang cheap ng taste ko!haha Thanks Ronald for this one...

So the story begins...

Once upon a time, in a far, far away land of Davao, resides a mischievious child named "Bajoy"(this is my pet name). She's a child full of misfits...always daring the authority being imposed upon her. However, there was a 'secret' way in quieting and satisfying her...and those were...

Hebe (prawns) - I always get scolded because of my 'escapades' from home to the nearest sari-sari store...the name of the store was "Valdez store", which has been out of the circulation a few years back. Back then, Hebe only costs 2 pax for 25 cents...every morning, just before our laundry is being done, I search every pocket of my papa's pants for those 'prized' coins...I knew deep in my heart that it was not a nice thing to do but I console myself with this rationale: "I am not a bad girl because I'm not stealing from other people and it's not that much, just centavos...and besides, I am going to share to my other siblings whatever I get for it." Hahaha The modern Hebe hasn't lost its original flavor but still, mas masarap yung noon!

Timbura (cornicks) - I don't know what's with Timbura that I couldn't just get enough of...I was really saddened when it was not being produced anymore. I guess it stopped during the early 90's. I kept on asking the store-owner how come she's not selling Timbura anymore and tells me that she couldn't find them anymore at her suki's grocery. In case you're not familiar with it, it's just a small pack of cornicks, not bigger than that of a matchstick box, with a yellow and white wrap and it's being selled at 10 cents each. Sarap talaga!

Dunkin' donuts - I really love it when my mama or papa or aunts and uncles go to Manila then because it would mean they'll be bringing home a box of Dunkin Donuts...this was in late 1980's. I think Dunkin' Donuts was franchised here only in early 1990's. My favorite flavor then was nutty chocolate. It's funny how my siblings and I used to sing the Donkun' Donuts's song while my mama or papa were getting ready packing their clothes...just so they won't forget about it!hahaha Hmmmm but I have a new favorite flavor now..Chocowich! However, since another donut craze has caught up with it, I seldom eat at Donkun' donuts...Iba na ngayon ang hinihingi kong pasalubong, "Go Nuts Donuts" na! At dahil din sa pamatay na donuts na yan nalate ako sa flight ko pauwing Davao!

Dried squid - I really love the smell of dried squids may they be grilled or fried...when we have them at breakfast, I was always the first one to be seated at our dinning table...so that I could get the chance to choose the best ones! haha

Mangoes with bagoong - My baon when I was in grade school was only P5.00 considering that I already have lunchpack and snack foods during breaktime. At the end of the day, I still have the full amount...the main reason why I don't spend any penny from my baon was becasue I reserve it for the green mangoes with bagoong later. My yaya used to scold me because I always drink up the bagoong sauce...hahaha as of this very moment, I'm already salivating! There was never an instance that my blouse or skirt was untainted by the bagoong sauce. I like all kinds of mangoes...indian, spanish, and apple mango, manggang karabaw, manggang kabayo...lahat-lahat na!
End of the story.

To pass on the tradition, here are few instructions in doing this tag:
  1. List down 5 childhood memories of food.

  2. And in the tradition of this meme, list the 4 previous taggers before yourself and then your own name at no. 5.

  3. Tag 3 (or more) other bloggers to continue this meme.

Four previous taggers and the victim:

  1. Teh Tarik Satu

  2. Beer Brat

  3. ScrewedUp AKA SnglGuy

  4. Ronallan (Quare Verum)

  5. Rainel (the victim)

Three bloggers that I'm going to send this meme to:

  1. Darlene

  2. Agring

  3. Ria

Guys, You don't have to rush in doing this...just do it! hahaha

4 comments:

  1. static brain, prawns are simply the best...did you know that I have this seasonal skin allergy that is usually triggered by eating crabs and prawns?! but what the heck, what's the use of anti-histamines?!hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell that I once worked in Dunkin' Donuts? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ronald: wow, really? do u get donuts for your snacks? sarap naman nun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not if you see them get made. Hahahahaha :-)

    ReplyDelete