Thursday, March 29, 2007

Top 10 places I'd like to go to...someday! Part III

Now we're done to the last three destinations. You all set to go?

My eight destination is Russia. It is for me the best place to chill out. Almost everyone I meet who had been to Russia had their both thumbs up. If by chance you've seen the movie of Clive Owen and Angelina Jolie (Beyond Borders), James Bond movies, and The Saint, you'll not argue with my point. It is very cold out there and although I have a very low tolerance of cold temperature, I'll take my chances.














There's something about Russia that is almost mystical. Its seclusion has webbed further mystery and magic into its atmosphere. It has gone through so much and yet it remained majestic throughout the years.

Now, after chilling out, and my energy level almost depleted, I need some perking up. I have always had sweet tooth and could never resist the sensation of pure satisfaction that I get from Swiss chocolates, actually also Belgian and German choco bars. Hmmm Chocolat, anyone? Aside from being known of its trademark as ' Chocolate Country', it is also very popular for its scenic and relaxing lush natural environment. This is where I'd like to relax and be re-vitalized in one of Switzwerland's hospice-resorts that give you a sense of serenity and contentness.














Finally, the last stop....I reserved this special slot for my very dear Italy. I can't remember when I fell in love with Italy, or when did I first learned of its beauty...I have dream so many times about going there and every time I fell deeper for it. They say that Paris is the 'city of love' but for me, Venice is. I am so obsessed with its narrow canals, gondolas, little cafes, bridges and archways, cobblestones pavements, cute cars, Vespa scooters, pasta, and everything else.

In so may instances did I just watch movies that featured Venice or Italy in general. I don't know if there's any place that could match this fascination that consumed me as Italy does.

Compared to their French neighbors, I think Italians are better tempered and passionate. When I grow old, I would like to ride on a gondola with my hubby and be serenaded by the 'bangkeros'. They say, when one is in love, one can not be too old. Maybe this is the reason why people of all ages flock to this city to rejuvenate their souls and rekindle the flame of heart and romance that has been forgotten through the years.


So this is the end of our journey...and the beginning of it. It's been a swell sharing my 'ultimate journey' with you and I hoped you felt the same way.


3 comments:

  1. sure thanks for the invite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great places to visit. I've only been to Italy. Ilove Rome, Florence and Venice. Really amazing places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Italy, but Venice is my favorite...i bet when I see them all, they'll be all my favorite!hehe

    ReplyDelete