Saturday, November 05, 2005

I fell in love with Korean movies

I was sad when our plan of going back toMati this second long weekend didn't push through. I was all set for more adventures. Well, some other thime then. But arggggh, I can't help but be sore about it! I was looking forward to another weekend on an island with white sands. So much for that! I did find ways to rectify this little mishap by asking anyone of my friends about their plans on the weekend. Viola, they're going somewhere! They're going to Isla Reta...a one-hour boat ride from Samal's main land. I've never been there but I've heard a lot of raves about the island. It is isolated, has white sands and a nice beach. Hmmm, my kind of thing indeed!

Until last night, I couldn't find the will to decide whether to go or not to go. It would be fun since almost all of the people on the groundfloor in our office are also coming...more or less 25 persons. They're fun people, if you'd care to take a look in my Friendster's photo albums, you'd know what I'm talking about.

But what's stopping me? I don't know. Not in the mood? Maybe...

Well, since I had a foreshadowing of my disinterest in joining the group, I borrowed dvds from my friend, Sunshine. She lend me one album full of dvds! Now, now, now! On thursday night, I skipped watching "Encantadia". I just can't keep my hands off the dvds. What the heck! DVD it is!

I chose a Korean movie, entitled "My Little Bride". For your info, I'm a koreanovela fanatic! I got insanely hooked with "Lovers in Paris", "Full House", "Attic Cat" , and "All About Eve." (Check them all here for the story's synopsis). And one of the lead characters in the movie, "My Little Bride" was Kevin of "Attic Cat", who was just so charming, thus, it was the first to be seen.

It was fun. I was kilig to the bones! I'm begining to see Koreans in a different light...they are kind of more like us Pinoys...romantic at heart, believers of happy endings, and of love's overriding power! hahaha The other korean movies that I watched were, "My Boyfriend is a type B" and "Windstruck" (which is the prequel of the movie, Sassy Girl).

Hmmm, I exchanged the beach for these movies? Sure, KILIG is a nice feeling! I've stopped watching Pinoy's soaps for a long, long time already. For one thing, it goes on and on for a long time until the true story's lost. And also, they're trying to put romance in the characters' off-cam lives when everybody knows there's nothing there at all. Lokohin ba ang mga tao! Helllooo!

Ok that's it....this is all ruining my lovestruck mood now! Whewww! Here are pictures of my favorite koreanovelas...the reason why I don't go out at weeknights while these were still being run on tv. Ooops! Oh, my ecxuses ran from "Sorry, I'm really feeling well", "Can we meet on a Saturday instead?", to "I have some errands to do after office, next time maybe?". But they all learned the ultimate reason...eventually, I told them myself, when the koreanovela finally ends.Hahaha I am so wicked!!

Lovers In Paris

Full House


All About Eve and Attic Cat

2 comments:

  1. Hi I saw your link from Agring and click your name. hehehe.

    Anyway, can't help not to leave you a message when i read your entry that you fell in-love with Korean movies. I was visited Philippines last July-August I got hooked watching the Attic Cat I thought that was a cute series. Now I missed it a lot.

    Okay, have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi carlota, if you fell in love with Kevin of Attic Cat, you'll fall harder for him in the movie, "My little Bride"...he's so cute and funny there, very endearing! I watched it twice, in fact!hehehe thanks for visiting...

    ReplyDelete