Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Narinig nyo na ba ang latest?

I don't want to capitalize on the sensitive issues of other bloggers in this network. I don't intend to meddle with their affairs. The sole reason why I'm writing this post is becasue there has been a similar incidence of miscommunication that lead to a hate campaign among my college friends and acquaintances. Again, because of internet...specifically, Friendster.

One day, I was browsing my Friendster account because I just got an email from Friendster informing me that I have a new message in my Friendster inbox. As I was checking it out, the subject read as: WE BID GOODBYE TO OUR FRIENDS IN FRIENDSTER. It turned out that a classmat of mine from College is opting out from his friendster account for good. Hmmm, I really don't know what exactly happened and how it happened. So, I just let it be.

On the following day, another friendster message caught my attention. It was a message related to the other day's message. Now I'm starting to get hooked by their saga. In a nutshell, my friend's girlfriend sent a message (I don't have any idea what was it all about) to his ex-girlfriend who also happened to be our batchmate in College without revealing the former's identity. This message elicited a violent reaction that lead to a confrontation. Eventually, the current girlfriend admitted that it was not the guy who had sent the message but herself. She apologized to the ex-girlfriend and her family and friends. However, the damage has been done. Everyone has already taken sides, igniting both parties. Until now, I don't know if the last of their hate campaigns had been said but I hope, for their sakes, everything will just end.

I think incidences like these can be prevented from happening if only people should take into account the feelings of the people invloved and would be invloved...if only people keep their eyes peeled instead of keeping them veiled even with the thinnest veil. Lastly, let it be the fire of friendship and love reign instead of hate and contempt. Afterall, lifetime friendships not enemies would be good for us all.

2 comments: