Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Recent Trip…

Everything was in haste. The notice of my travel came in last Friday, Aug. 11. On Saturday evening, I went out with friends till 2am. My flight was at 7am the next day.

Our plane landed in NAIA II at 10:30am…Then I was off to Araneta Coliseum to watch a game of UP vs. UST, which by the way was a hell of a game! Unfortunately, we lost…but it was so close, I mean so close…

The UP Pep Squad

After that, we ate at Teriyaki Boy in Makati, still sore for a battle lost…then proceeded to my uncle’s place in Pasay. It was so fun, my cousins, nieces, nephew were there and we had steak for dinner…my cousin Apple cooked it (sarap sobra!)

My beloved cousins... Atuy (Apple) and Wes

Achie Louise and Shoti Wenjo

I love these people so much that it hurts...haha the only reason why I keep on going back to Manila...aside from my beau and shopping!

The following days were pretty hectic…Then thank God it’s Friday! My colleagues and I went out for dinner and plunged into a Latin American groove at CafĂ© Havana. The wine was great!

Then followed my favorite part…shopping! Let me tell you this first, it was a bittersweet experience. I mean going to 168 store is so painstakingly difficult because of the traffic! My boyfriend and I waited for full two hours for a parking space! Nakatulog na ako’t lahat, hindi pa rin kami nakakapag park! Hanep talaga! But well, patience and determination we must have…hahaha It was all worth it, mas mura talaga compared sa Greenhills! However, as of yesterday, they were raided by the BIR for not having complied in tax mapping SOP(or whatever!).

ayan, kasi walang magawa sa loob ng kotse...grabe tlaga dito sa 168 store!

And on my last day in Manila, I wanted to take the earlier flight, which was 10:30am. But befo re going to NAIA, I dropped by first at RP Malate to buy pasalubong from Sbarro, Auntie Anne’s, and Go Nuts Donuts…and when I finally arrived at the airport, the check-in counters were already closed. Whew, I made a promise to myself to never ever buy stuffs for pasalubong again…come hell or high water! Grrr

Wes and Achie Lyn-lyn....bidding goodbye

My roommate, Atuy...everytime I'm leaving na, we always pose like this!haha weird

Anyways, the flight was fine…delayed as always! PAL wouldn’t be PAL if their flights were on time. Hahaha As i always try to do, I slept the whole duration of the trip partly because the person I was sitting next to was a Japanese DOM...lapitin pa naman ako ng mga DOM! haha In fairness to him, he helped me with my luggage. So he's not one of those typical DOM kind...When the pilot announced that we were already approaching Davao, my heart leapt! I missed Davao so much, I missed its tranquility and offbeat beauty. I was besetted with regrets for not being there during the Kadayawan Festival, it had been a swell, so they say. I was planning to post something about Kadayawan Festival had I not been away...about the food trips, native products, fruits, street parties, parades, peoples, colorful flora, etc...Well, till next Kadayawan Festival then...I think sometimes you have to miss out on something to appreciate it more when you're just seeing it from a distance.

2 comments: