Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Mistaken Identity

Yes, I am back...and as I am likely to express whatever is on my mind here, let me tell you another story…another ‘based on true accounts’ story...expect of more to come, makuwento ako eh..haha

First and foremost, I would like to express my regrets to those who were involved in this traumatic incident. I do not wish to cause further ache to those implicated, but if it’s inevitable during the course of events, then I am sorry.

If you remember, this country was appalled with university scandals for quite a long time (I’m actually not that sure what particular year). Discreetly, copies in the form of vcds circulated. However, it has become alarming in a sense that you could even buy copies of it anywhere. Precipitated by the sprout of modern electronic gadgets such as cell phones and ultra-minute cameras, today’s scandal versions are mostly spread through Bluetooth, MMS, and downloads.

Anyways, my story goes back to the archaic period of the so-called ‘scandal fever’ with a particular video, I guess it was dubbed as La Salle scandal’, where there were three accomplices: a guy (the one who’s shooting the video) and two college girls.

Sometime in March 2004, I suddenly felt paranoid by the looks that I was getting from my male officemates. Their eyes seemed to twinkle whenever I met or talked with them (the likes of dubious and impish looks). It has been going on for almost a week until one of my close male officemates decidedly brought to me the ‘viewing area’ to show me something. As we were entering the room, I saw almost 50% of our male population (I'm not so exaggerating) in the office swarming and scampering for a better view of the monitor. They all stopped when they saw me…it felt weird, they looked weird and guilty!haha

Alas, when I saw what they’re rooting for, I was dumbfounded and semi-paralyzed! Haha The girl in the video bears too much similarity with me that I instinctively looked at the guy’s face…whew, I’ve never felt so relieved in my entire life (well, maybe not entire life)! It wasn’t me who's in it! Ooops...Hahaha My gosh, and all the while they all were wondering if it was me indeed! Whew! :-) We were still watching the video and they seemed to feel that I wasn’t offended or whatever, they eventually loosened up and started to tease me…Hay, ang ma-manyak talaga ng mga yun!hahaha

Well, if there was one nice thing that came out of it, it was the fact that it gave me an extraordinary exposure! Ang dami ko ng indecent proposals tuloy! Hahaha

p.s. (ronald was supposed to provide me some clips for this post, but he's got enough complications to deal with in his life na raw eh...haha)

5 comments:

  1. But she doesn't look anything like you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!

    Scary... the net can be like that some times. Just blog hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at some point and angles, maybe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? After extremely close and careful analysis...di pa rin e. Nangawit na nga ako kakapanood e. Hahaha :-)

    Mas maganda siya! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you dealt the situation with ease and made yourself credible enough to prove you're not that woman. maybe if you freaked out, i think it will make them conclude that it's really you.

    ReplyDelete